Monday, December 12, 2016

First week in the Field


Boy do I have stories to tell so i havent been able to write for 2 weeks ish and thats because of transfers and what not so sorry about that. Anyway my first area is in the city of petropolis i live in a little house around ~30 feet long and ~15ft wide so thats new my companion is from brazil and only speaks portueguese so im learning the language fast. its always raining here and the house is very diffrent its all concreate and the walls have mold and its always wet. but its nice to be out doing instead of being in a classroom all day. my area is in the mountians so im climbing mouantians everyday to go to houses and what not. basically what im trying to say is im going to either die here or comeback "ripped" and by "ripped" i mean very skinny with massive legs... i just keep telling myself atleast im not skipping leg day. the area is super cool because im in the mouantians above rio and when its about to rain the clouds litterly roll over the mouantans and visibility is reduced to zero its one of the coolest most eire things ive ever seen. the best way to describe my area is the steepest climbs of philmont every single day in the blazing hot sun. so its pretty cool. onday i was walking and this crazy guy stopped me while i was walking and was started screaming how america was the greatest country on earth and how he didnt belive in God or church only in amreica and then he showed me a picture of him self in a american flag suit and yea that was intresting. Then another day my companion got stuck on top of a mouantian in a rain storm and couldnt leave because it was to dangerous and we couldnt see at all. the food is interesting i eat alot of fried hot dogs and cheese bread so thats fun ive almost been electrocuted twice and i almost get run over by busses everyday my firstday i was on a cliff and the bus drove by about 4 inches from my nose so yea thats a normal day here in Brazil.

From Mark








1 comment: