Monday, December 19, 2016

Week 2. Doing well. New investigator. Exciting to talk to him Sunday


Captain's Logan 2
So Ive decided to take after my father and label my emails (weekly recaps something funny) so where to start...

Remember in my farewell talk how I said I wanted to go some where cold well i got my wish. there were a couple things I never thought I would do here and one of them is wear a trench coat but here I am wearing a trenchcoat in the middle of summer in brazil... 

So I litterly know nothing or atleast it feals that way. Im in this weird limbo where I cant speak english or portugeuse properly... and its kind of annoying but thats part of the learning process. I'm learning alot about myself in here in brazil and im really loving it. Everyone here is super nice and they give you a ton of food! Its awesome because I only really have to eat like once a day here because of what the diet is. Its tons of rice beans meat and veggies and bread to go along with it!

I have some intresting stories already earlier this week my companion and I got stuck on a mountian in the dark during one of the worst storms Ive ever been in pouring rain thundering and lightining and fog so thick that you cant see more than like 20 feet and I was using an umbrella through all this funny thing is, is it was useless becasue the reain was punching straight through my umbrella. During this we managed to find some less active members and they let us in. After we taught them a lesson we left and the rain had "stopped" bu the fog reduced our visibility to like 0 so we found ourselves walking down some dirt road in the jungle of brazil when all the sudden this power like on the side of this trail blew up and scared the living daylights out of us. I've never ran that fast in my life.

They say a mans best freind is a dog but the missionaries best friend is deffinetly not the dog...
There have been countless times already when me and my comp have been jumped by dogs. Like the other day I was walking down some sketchy ally way when this little black dog came out of nowhere and came after us. It sounds stupid but seriously its terrifying when it happens. 

Almost getting run over is a daily occurence now wether it be a bus or a car its normal so I'm pretty used to it now. I feel kinda like buddy the elf when walking across the street.

I have my first investigator now its a kid named Caio and hes pretty cool im sure hes going to be baptized. im 100% sure of it! 

Thats all I really have time for right now but I will write more next week. I have a road trip back to my area that I have to get on here soon. ( I left my area because i was in trouble with the gov ;)  )






--
From Mark
New letter 
Show quoted text

No comments:

Post a Comment